SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 26 July 2014

Speedy 10 minute Lemon Curd!


This post is a tiny bit spontaneous because I actually had no intention of writing about it!

Yesterday I was helping Ellen, (my friend) make this lemon curd to fold into some whipped cream, as a delicious lemony filling for a swiss roll.



The thing is- I'd forgotten how yummy this recipe for lemon curd really was. I've made it many times....(but this was many years ago) back in the early baking years at primary school! And yes, you might be guessing...that's over half a decade ago! (that makes me sound sooo old)


Anyway, me and Ellen got this recipe handed to us from one of our teachers- Mrs Cohen. The great thing about it...it's so quick- not forgetting easy!!





So here you go- a secret little recipe shared (well a secret no more, shhh!)


Tip- warm the lemons before squeezing, it's easier to juice.

Ingredients (makes enough to fill 1 regular sized jar)


115g melted butter
225g caster sugar
2 lemons, zest and juice 
2 eggs


Method


Put all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk till combined.


Heat on high in the microwave for 2 minutes, then whisk again to remove lumps.


Microwave for a further 3 minutes.


Whisk again and place in a sterilized jar. (It will thicken as it cools.)

Post a Comment